How would you use $100,000 to make LA2050 the healthiest place to live? Submit an application for your chance to make it happen in 2014.
We are pleased to announce the two winners who will each receive $100,000 to implement their projects:
In LA2050, our region’s residents will have the economic means and cultural capital to lead active, healthy lives, and everyone benefits from a sustainable environment.
In 2050, Los Angeles will have the nation’s lowest obesity rates and every neighborhood will have access to healthy, affordable food. Every family will be able to afford quality healthcare and housing. And no families will face environmental health hazards because of where they live or how much money they make.
LA2050 Metrics (Shaped by YOU):
- Access to healthy food
- Healthcare access
- Exposure to air toxins
- Number of households below the self-sufficiency standard
- Percent of imported water
- Obesity rates
- Rates of homelessness
- Walk/bike/transit score
- Acres and miles of polluted waterways
- Rates of mental illnesses
- Prevalence of adverse childhood experiences (Dream Metric)
- Percentage of LA communities that are resilient (Dream Metric)
- Percentage of residents receiving coordinated healthcare services (Dream Metric)
- Percentage of tree canopy cover (Dream Metric)
Tell us how your idea, project, or program can help Los Angeles become the healthiest place in the world to live.
Submit an application between Tuesday, July 1st, 2014 (noon Pacific Daylight Time) and Thursday, July 31st, 2014 (noon Pacific Daylight Time). Your application will go through a moderation process to ensure that your project adheres to all challenge rules. From Tuesday, September 2nd, 2014 (noon Pacific Daylight Time) to Tuesday, September 16th, 2014 (noon Pacific Daylight Time), we’ll open challenge submissions to public voting. Rally your colleagues and friends to get behind your effort and join the public in selecting the winners.
TWO WAYS TO WIN:
- TOP VOTED: The top voted project will receive $100,000 to implement their idea
- JURY VOTED: One project will be selected by a panel of judges to receive $100,000 to implement their idea
More details on the challenge and winner rules can be found under Rules & Regulations.
And don’t forget to get your application in early! LA2050 will showcase submissions as they are accepted up until voting begins (between Tuesday, July 1st, 2014 and Friday, August 29th, 2014).
A shared vision for the future of LA is an important first step to making progress. Now, we want to hear your ideas on how we can make that vision a reality.
Connect with LA2050 on LA2050.org, Twitter, and Facebook and join the conversation via #LA2050.
- If you don't see your submission here, don't panic! Your application is going through the moderation process, and will show up on the site over the next few days if it is approved.
- Share how your idea will impact the LA2050 Goal of making LA the healthiest place to live. How will your project impact the metrics?
- Although the LA2050 Goals use specific metrics to conduct its tracking and analysis, please do not limit yourself to these metrics.
- Describe how the $100,000 award will enable you to implement your idea.
- Include a photo or video that represents your idea or organization. Photos should be in JPG, PNG, or GIF format, at least 570 × 345 pixels and no larger than 10MB. To include a video, use a YouTube URL.
- Check out the LA2050 Goals, the LA2050 Report, and the My LA2050 White Paper for additional information.
- Voting begins on Tuesday, September 2nd, 2014 (noon Pacific Daylight Time) and closes Tuesday, September 16th, (noon Pacific Daylight Time).
- Each person can vote once.
- In order to vote, you must be at least 18 years old and a US resident.
- In order to vote, log in with your GOOD account.
- If you don’t have a GOOD account, it’s free to join. All you need is an email address or a Facebook account to register. You will be emailed a link that you need to click in order to validate your address.
- We suggest using either Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome browsers when casting a vote.
- If you have any questions, please review these FAQs or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Winners will be selected in two ways, a jury vote and public vote:
- Jury Vote: One project will be selected by a panel of judges to receive $100,000 to implement their idea.
- Applications will be selected using the following criteria: impact on the LA2050 goal, creativity and innovation, feasibility, and collaborative spirit.
- Public Vote: The top voted project will receive $100,000 to implement their idea.
- Projects will be featured on this page and public voting will be open from Tuesday, September 2nd, (noon Pacific Daylight Time) to Tuesday, September 16th (noon Pacific Daylight Time).